Sunday, September 13, 2009

Change In Plans...

So I learned a lesson about planning this weekend that has resulted in a drastic change in plans for the race. When planning for a bigger race, I have a habit of training for a few weeks to make sure my body will withstand the training before registering for the race. This is not the best planning, because these races are filling up earlier and earlier every year, and the Philadelphia Marathon, which I had planned to run is no longer accepting registrations and I had not yet registered!

While I was very disappointed to discover this, it allowed me to research other marathons in the area. I ran Philadelphia last year and had an incredible experience, but now I am excited about a unique race that I found. It is called the 20th Anniversary Northern Central Trail Marathon in Sparks, MD, and it is on Thanksgiving weekend. This race has a little over 400 runners as compared to Philadelphia's 20,000 runners. This race is almost completely on a trail surrounded by the beautiful changing leaves, while Philadelphia is mostly asphalt surrounded by the city excitement. The course is a USATF certified, so in the off-chance that I get a Boston Qualifying time, it will count. :) There are plusses and minuses to this change, but I am officially registered for the Northern Central Trail Marathon, and very excited for a very different marathon experience! Thanks for your continued prayers and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment