Saturday, September 19, 2009

Best Run Yet

This morning I ran 13 miles. This is the first time I have run this far since last Fall when I was training for the Philadelphia Marathon. What made this the best run yet? Several things... First, I just felt good. My body felt ready for the distance. Some days I will go out for a run and just feel off. I don't quite feel like I can find my stride. Not today, I felt like I was running in rhythm... it just flowed. Second, it was an absolutely beautiful day. Probably the nicest day we have had so far this year in Boston. The sun was shining so brightly, yet there was a brisk, cool breeze blowing. One of the neat things about running in Boston is that you are never running alone, and today was no exception. I can honestly say that there were several hundred other people out running, biking and roller blading with me this morning along the Charles River. Sail boats dotted the river, and I listened to the shouts of the crew team captains as the boats glided past.

Probably the biggest reason this was my best run yet, was that Ryan joined me! Since my running buddies were all away this weekend, he decided to ride his bike with me. He would ride on ahead when my pace got too slow, but it was fun to meet up with him at the checkpoints. He provided gatorade and shot blocks along the course. It is Ryan's 30th birthday this weekend, and it was just fun to get up early with him and make use of such a great day by being outdoors together. Each run is a unique journey, and I'm glad he shared this one with me.

Tomorrow I am going to ride my bike down along the path that I ran to take some pictures to share with you, and hope to post them tomorrow night... come back and check them out!

No comments:

Post a Comment