Thursday, September 10, 2009

Anonymous Donor Offers Matcing Funds - Give Today!

An anonymous donor has agreed to help me reach our $7000 goal by matching the first $3500 that is raised. This means that the impact of your donation to help the children in Zimbabwe is doubled when you give in support of this race! This donor also left the door open to higher numbers if I finish in the top 50 of my age group in the Philadelphia Marathon. Consider giving today to partner with us in meeting the spiritual and emotional needs of children orphaned by AIDS.

Please keep me in your prayers tomorrow. I usually do my weekly LSD (that means Long Slow Distance) on Saturday or Sunday with my friend, Jen. However, I will be traveling to Pittsburgh this weekend for my friend, Randon's wedding, and will not have time to fit in a long run. Therefore, tomorrow after work, I will be doing my longest run yet... 11 miles... solo. I've done it before, and I am sure I will be fine, but the time just goes faster when I run with Jen. We end up chatting about life, the books we are reading, work, God... pretty much anything can come up with the amount of time we are out there through the course of 4 months of training. Oh, I also won't be writing any new blog posts until I get back from Pittsburgh, so I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, and I look forward to reconnecting on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Katie,

    I happened to see Ryan's link on facebook to this blog and it instantly caught my eye. What you are doing is so awesome!! I can't describe my excitement. In June I joined Team World Vision and ran my first half marathon to raise money for World Vision. I experienced God's strength in a powerful way -on those days I didn't want to do the tough runs, and on race day..thinking about the kids I was helping got me through.
    I think running for a cause is such a beautiful way to use the gift He has given you in the ability to run!
    Training for a half was tough-the time commitment, training by myself etc- I can imagine it must be challenging training for a full. I SO admire your heart and what you are doing! I will definitely be following your journey through this blog. Know that I am praying for you and thinking about you as you train, race, and prepare to go to Zimbabwe. Again, I am just so excited to learn you are doing this. :)

    Blessings,
    Dana Engle
    dana.engle@gordon.edu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie, your project sounds so great. Honestly, you could probably write A dissertation on your findings. You should enroll in a school just in case :) let me know how I can help and support on a local level. I might now run, but I can supply water and Gatorade!

    ReplyDelete